Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Worthy of Celebration...

The LGBTQ... community in the City of Riverside were presented with this City Proclamation by Riverside's Human Relations Commission last night during our Transgender Awareness Week kickoff event. This is worthy of celebration!!! Many people have spent many long and hard years of advocacy and activism to make this possible. Thanks to every one of you!

Gabriel Maldonado, the Commission's LGBT Liaison did the presenting and I did the receiving. It was a great honor - this is yours now!


Hugs and Blessings,
Eva-Genevieve!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a cis- bi- ally of trans folks. I'm wondering about the proclamation as the LGBTQ DOR rather than TDOR. Do you think adding the LGBQ diminishes the focus on trans violence issues? Can you share any history as to how/why the city chose to proclaim it that way? I have some trans friends who are, I think understandably, upset with it. Thank you--Joe Reilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will reply as a new blog post since it won't fit in here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way the Proclamation was revised to have the date be the 21st. The 20th was unintentional.

    ReplyDelete