Monday, July 2, 2012

Who is Disabled?

Greetings everyone,


In my e-mail today was a post that I thought was very much worth sharing. As I was prepping it as a jpg I was also thinking about prejudice also as a handicap. Both presently as a transgender person and also as one who in my youth was ridiculed for the patch I had to wear over one eye and my inability to participate in certain activities. One might as well be truly struck blind or deaf when they let their prejudices direct their behavior whether it is directed towards people with handicaps or people who are different in other ways like LGBT folks or people from other nations, races or religious backgrounds or any condition beyond one's control. So when you read this please think about the terms of disability or handicap in this broader sense too.
Hugs and Blessings,
Eva-Genevieve!

2 comments: