Monday, August 23, 2010

Frankenstein’s Boot















I am so glad that my foot surgery went well, but recovery? – this is harder. If I go anywhere I have to wear Frankenstein’s Boot. It is way to heavy and very cumbersome, though I suppose that is a good thing because if it weren’t I would be out walking and doing stuff – the very things I am not supposed to be doing. I hate being cooped-up and dependent on others! I am somewhat crankier and humbled (but not all that much) by this. My surgeon tells me that my bone density is the hardest he has ever had to work on, so maybe this helps explain the hardness of my head.

Though it is hot weather and I have good A/C and my stash of snacks and drinks right at hand I would much rather be out doing… something, anything!! I used to walk off my depression, anxiety and frustrations but now I can’t – I get to lie around and then for a change of pace I rollover on my side and lie around. I stare at my knickknacks – among which are Genevieve, she’s my favorite doll and Thing One and Thing Two
threatening some Seussian prank from the top of the speaker – and I listen to my music and read. This includes re-researching various SRS procedures' benefits and risks, for I am soon, going to be applying for a grant to help with the costs. Sometimes I gimp-it down the stairs to the kitchen and there I overdo it cooking and eating too much. I just now came back from the Doctor where we discovered the first complication - infection and unexpected swelling where the bunion was removed and so I have added strong antibiotics to my daily routine. Hopefully next Sunday I will be up to going back to Church and seeing my wonderful family there again.

I keep promising to update this blog and account for the past couple months – and this is coming too – as I remain a captive here it has to be, but I want to whine and snivel some first. Actually I am doing well, all things considered.

Hugs and Blessings,
Eva-Genevieve!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eva. I pray that your foot is healing nicely. I know about wanting to be out and about. I was the same way a few weeks after having open heart surgery 5 1/2 yeras ago.

    A doll named after me!! Wow.!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete